Terms and Conditions
- I declare, as a condition of entry into the event, that I have sufficiently trained for this event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability or impairment which may cause me or any other person injury or death while participating in the event. Parkinson’s NSW may refuse to allow me to participate in the event for the safety of myself or others.
- By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury and acknowledge that I will be responsible for my own health and safety during the event. If I observe any safety risk during the event, I agree to notify event organisers immediately and take all practicable steps to ensure my own health and safety and the safety of others. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of my participation in this event or any breach of these terms. This release shall extend to and include Parkinson’s NSW and its related companies, and their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever, and promoters and sponsors. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assignees.
- I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered discretion of event medical and paramedical personnel in the event of any injury, accident or illness to me as the result of my participation in the event.
- I agree to abide by the event rules and conditions and agree that the event organisers may, at their absolute discretion, vary the event rules and conditions without prior notice to me.
- I acknowledge that the entry fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
- My entry in this event is not transferable to any other person.
- I consent to the free publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, photograph, image, voice, interview, appearance, statement or otherwise, without payment or compensation.
- I agree to Parkinson’s NSW entering my personal details contained on the entry form into a database which will be used for the administration of the event and which may also be used for future marketing and promotional purposes (including electronic messages) by Parkinson’s NSW. My personal details will not be disclosed by Parkinson’s NSW to a third party except third parties who provide assistance with such administration of the event and marketing and promotional purposes (including but not limited to electronic messages). I acknowledge that I will not be registered in this event if I fail to provide such information.
- I agree that the terms and conditions contained in this entry form shall be construed broadly to provide a release, indemnity and waiver to all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event of any liability for theft, loss, injury or other damage to personal property to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- I declare that all the information supplied by me on this entry form is true and correct. I certify that I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or guardian of the competitor, I agree to the above for myself and on behalf of my child and I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people and corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to.
- I agree that my entry form and payment is valid only for the distance/event I have nominated and I will be disqualified if I compete in any other distance/event than that nominated.
- Only entries submitted on the official entry form, either hard copy or online will be accepted.
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the events or competitions is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Eligibility for any prize is dependent on the competitor completing the approved course in accordance with these rules and conditions.
- Each competitor must assemble behind the designated starting line, await the official start and then proceed on the approved course. Entry into the course prior to the official start will result in disqualification.
- Each competitor must wear the official chest bib on his or her chest such that the allotted number can be seen for the duration of the run.
- Outside assistance is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- The referee’s decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
- The event organisers reserve the right in their discretion to reject or cancel any entry at any time, including without limitation for safety or insurance reasons, or if, in the opinion of the organisers, the entrant is unable to complete the event or reach the checkpoint in the allotted time.
- All competitors must follow the approved course, observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by event officials and the police.
- No roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, hand-cycles, baby strollers, scooters, dogs or any non-traditional form of running shoe will be permitted in the 8km Run event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
- Entrants in the Unity Run must return their timing chip to the Parkinson’s NSW agent co-ordinating the event timing, immediately upon conclusion of their race. Failure to return the chip will result in a $50 fee being charged.
Parkinson’s NSW understand the importance of protecting the privacy of individuals and comply with the relevant legislation to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information collected. Parkinson’s NSW will retain the information on this form for the purpose of notifying you of future Unity Walk or Unity Run events, as well as information about Parkinson’s NSW and their works and events.
Parkinson’s NSW and Unity Walk and Run organisers strive to ensure that they provide a duty of care to all participants and staff, with the wellbeing of individuals being of highest importance. In cases of extreme weather or other emergencies, the event organisers will make the decision to cancel the event. Notice of event cancellations will be made at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time. Notification of cancellation will be posted on the homepage of www.unitywalk.com.au and www.unityrun.com.au. Cancelled events will not be rescheduled. No refunds will be given if the event is cancelled.
- To be eligible to win prizes for team fundraising, the participants must be registered to fundraise as an individual and then join a team. Individuals within those teams are NOT eligible to win individual fundraising prizes.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- Prizes must be taken in accordance with the prize donors’ Terms and Conditions.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected registrations or funds including details registered not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the information due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- The winners will be notified within 3 days of the winners’ determination and will also be advised of their prize in writing. The winners’ names will be published on the Unity Walk website www.unitywalk.com.au and the Unity Run website www.unityrun.com.au
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- Parkinson’s Unity Walk and Unity Run and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- Fundraising competitions will close at 4pm on Monday 9th September 2013 (AEST). All fundraising monies raised must be either online at www.gofundraise.com.au or at the Parkinson’s NSW office at that time.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
The Promoter is Parkinson’s NSW Inc.